Most of the houses in Sydney have at some point in time required pest control services. It is a myth that one cannot get the perfect pest control and eliminate all the pests. With the best pest control experts and little extra care, like following before and after tips, going pest-free is not that difficult. Several small tips can help you get the property safe and without any damage due to pests.
Tips for doing before getting pest control:
1. Access- the premises where the pest controls services will work, then it is crucial that you remove all large pieces of furniture or appliances from all parts of the house. This will help the pest control companies to work without disturbance and with perfection. For termite treatment, all wooden furniture should be accessible from all sides, o else the work done will not be perfect.
2. Clothes and furniture- it is essential that all children’s toys, clothes, jewelry make-up, toys, and all staff needs to be carefully packed in plastic wrapping. It is crucial that they are filled in cabinets, and all the gaps of doors and windows are sealed carefully. Do not cover anything using cloth sheets or masking tapes as chemicals can penetrate them.
3. Kitchen and dining area- when working in the kitchen, clean all the utensils and small appliances. The big devices need to be covered with plastic wrapping. The water outlet from the water filter covers it with plastic. The kitchen sinks are sprayed, so do not keep stuff in them. Unplug the fridge and try to remove all the perishable items and if there are leftovers, get rid of them.
4. Pets- pets are very allergic and get suffocated or sick due to the entire process of pest control. Thus is feasible if they are shifted to some other place when the pest management companies are working. Consult your vet for tick and flea treatment of the pets if you opt for flea exterminator services.
5. Paintings and flowers pots- the best thing to protect your paintings and artifacts during the pest control work is to cover them from plastic. For the plants, it is advisable to leave them open in the area where there will be no pest control work done.
6. Bathroom- if you opt for pest control services in a bathroom, especially for a cockroach exterminator, then empty it. Toothbrushes, soaps, towels, sponges, and all other things need to be removed.
Tips for doing after pest control treatment-
After the pest control work is finished, you need to do the following work to ensure a successful outcome.
1. Wait- if you have vacated the space, wait before the pest control company approves your shift.
2. Discard any food left- if at all any food or other eatables were left in the s[pace, discard it safely in the garbage and label the package as poison.
3. Repair any leaks- if there are any holes or leaks from taps in the house, repair them immediately as it could again result in infestation from pests.
4. Do not clean immediately- the best control experts are pro at their work and leave no mess or dirt; however, if there is any such thing, then do not clean it immediately; cleaning and moping could reduce work effectiveness. Ask the experts as to when you can wash and follow the instructions carefully.
5. Wear gloves- as you enter the sprayed area, you must wear masks and disposable gloves at all times. While unwrapping, do not touch anything from bare hands.
6. Check your pests- after the pest control work is done, you could see dead pests here and there, so make sure that your pets do not eat them as it could harm them.
Importantly connect with the pest examination service providers at regular intervals to check the success of work.